Packing Assistant – Applications Close on 31st May 2019
Business & Personal Overview:
Hi! I’m Merrie Haig, the owner of Merrie & Bright. I started my business in 2015 when I rediscovered my love for lettering following foot surgery which had me housebound. The business has grown so much in the past 4 years, and I was able to quit my full time market research job in October 2018. There are quite a lot of facets to Merrie & Bright – from workshops, to products, to wedding and corporate stationery, there is always something happening here that needs attention!
You’ll be joining a passionate entrepreneur with a big dream of being Wonder Woman – creating beautiful things, making a bigger impact on the world through supporting social justice charities, and creating a flexible life around my family. I want my clients to feel well served – whether that is through quick responses, beautiful packaging, or little extras.
I am a busy mum to a 5 and 1 year old, and am based from my home in Bicester.
This position is for a Packing Assistant to work directly alongside me and my virtual assistant. By taking over the order processing, packaging, and the post office run, you are directly affecting how many clients I am able to service and how quickly those clients get their orders!
Number of hours: Minimum 2 per week, more may be required during particularly busy periods
Location: Studio in Bicester, Oxfordshire
Hourly Rate: £10 – Please note this is a self-employed position and will not include any benefits aside from all of the tea / coffee and biscuits your heart desires.
Responsibilities (List) – The Big Picture
- Prioritise and execute product requests from clients within deadlines
- Pick and package all orders, samples, gifts, etc. as needed
- Dispatch orders (post office or courier drop off runs)
- Take stock of inventory
- Order supplies, packing material, etc. as needed
- Work closely with Merrie & VA to ensure orders are being processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Manage order systems (Etsy & WooCommerce) by updating order statuses, communicating with clients, etc.
- Coordinate with production partners
- Quality assurance
- Maintain a clean and tidy studio
The Right Fit for this Role:
Mindset & Personality:
You have excellent attention to detail, high standards for products that are sent out and look for ways to improve current systems. You are a great communicator, quick learner, and able to take initiative of projects.
Skills & Abilities:
- Fast Learner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic computer skills (advanced skills favoured!)
- Self-discipline, capable of independent work
- Self motivated to learn
- Excellent grammar and spelling
Not needed for this role.
- Efficient in Apple and Windows programmes
- Available to be in person in the studio in Bicester once a week (may eventually be required more)
- Able to travel easily to post office / other courier drop off points
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Etsy and WooCommerce
- Good handwriting (to include hand-written notes in orders)
- Excellent wrapping skills
Please complete the hiring application.